The Redrock microMattebox is the first cinema-grade matte box designed for the budgets of indie filmmakers, owner/operators, film students and educators, and budget-conscious studios. No longer is there a compromise between quality and cost.
The microMattebox offers a flexible solution for managing light and controlling flare, allowing you to configure your eyebrows/flags and filter stages to exactly meet your needs. The microMattebox is a universal matte box and works with video cameras, 35mm lens adapters, and film cameras. The microMattebox is also compatible with the Red One.
- The Redrock microMattebox has 3-stages that supports 4x4" and 4x5.65" filters.
- We have replaced the redrockmicro donuts with the Arri MB20 rubber bellow system.
- Universal mattebox: Works with video cameras, 35mm lens adapters, and motion picture film cameras.
- Wide-screen format shade
- Flattened shade design for wide angle lenses
- Interchangeable mattes
- Swing-away design - a first for this price range
- Industry standard rod support: 15mm lightweight, or combination 19mm/15mm studio offset rod support arms
- Separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks
- Support for top and bottom eyebrows (french flags)
- Support for side wings
- All filter stages rotate 360 degrees and support up to 5.65" square filter trays
- Dual purpose filter tray for 4x4" and 4x5.65" filters. Additional tray options will be available to support up to 5.65" square filters
- Unique stackable stage design: add or remove stages to exactly meet your configuration needs
- All metal construction (lens shade and lens adapter high impact ABS)
- Adaptable to various lens sizes (lens opening with lens connector 140mm, without 155mm)
- Compatible with Arri filter trays and arri bellows (with arri bellows adapter)