With its large, bright color-accurate 19" LCD screen and 4K recording capabilities, the Atomos Sumo can be implemented to enhance professional video workflows in both production and post-production. On set, the Sumo's HDR capabilities enable cinematographers to realize more of a cinema camera's dynamic range when shooting in log or raw formats. All the built-in monitoring tools are also compatible with the HDR rendering, updating to accommodate the larger dynamic range. Additionally, the Sumo can record incoming DCI and UHD 4K video in various flavors of Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHR to Master Caddy II storage media. With supported cameras, ProRes Raw/Raw HQ recording is also possible, for more flexibility in post-production.
Back in the studio, the HDR capabilities of the Sumo are again beneficial; enabling editors and colorists to see deeper into the captured image information. The 10-bit image processing, combined with the 10-bit FRC capable LCD panel, shows subtle gradations in recorded footage whether playing back directly from recording media or from a connected computer. The display itself can be calibrated to maintain color accuracy over the Sumo's lifetime.
- 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit FRC Monitor Processing
- HDMI 2.0 and 12G-SDI Inputs/Outputs
- ProRes Raw / Raw HQ via Select Cameras
- 1200 cd/m sq. Brightness
- HDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- High Bright Mode for Rec. 709 Viewing
- 4K up to 60p / 1080p up to 240 fps
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR Encoding
- Records to 2.5" Master Caddy Media